.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Your Online Prayer Chapel


Come pray with us -- in Jesus name -- God answers prayer

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. - James 5:16b

accept the love of Jesus

Our Ministry

The Rector's Biography

One Rector's Opinions

The efforts of the rector have been directed away from this blog,
posting will be infrequent.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Open Your Heart To Jesus

You may have to open your mind also.

It is time to take a big step back.

We all have a lot of things we hold to be true, that are not true.

I spent my early years in a church. There were some fine folks there, some strong believers there, and a lot of social activity.

In my teens I left church, and drifted through various religions and philosophies. I was too smart to believe all that Christian stuff.

In college I was at my peak of ignorance, because I thought I was so knowledgeable.

I found when I decided to check out the church again that much of what I had learned did not line up with the Bible. I had to do two things to find God.

I had to open myself to instruction, reading the Bible and asking God to instruct me in it.

I had to open my mind to new thoughts, I found the "facts" I had been taught in school did not necessarily line up with reality. Again I asked God to instruct me.

The questions have been answered. Of course now I have new questions.

But I know that Jesus Christ lives, I converse with him frequently, I have been involved in miracles with him.

An atheist might as well try to convince me I do not exist. I err, therefore I know I am.

If you honestly want to know if God exists, grab a bible, head for a quiet spot, and ask God to help you read it. The Bible is straightforward, the Holy Spirit will lead you into understanding.

There are things I know to be true. There are things I believe to be true. There are things I will discover I was wrong about.

We will be as surprised in Heaven by who is there, as by who is not there.

This I know for sure.

Jesus Christ loved you enough to die for you, he loves you enough to instruct you if you will ask.


Open your heart to Jesus.


.