.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Your Online Prayer Chapel


Come pray with us -- in Jesus name -- God answers prayer

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. - James 5:16b

accept the love of Jesus

Our Ministry

The Rector's Biography

One Rector's Opinions

The efforts of the rector have been directed away from this blog,
posting will be infrequent.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

WWJD, What Would Jesus Do?

.

This is not to minimize the fact that Jesus cares about every part of your life.

Every part.

But WWJD can convey more than an admonition not to break the speed limit or avoid a political argument.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. - John 14: 12-18


Greater works than Christ did? Because he went to the father and sent us the Holy Spirit?

I guess it is just the first step to ask "What Would Jesus Do?"

The second step is, How do I do what Jesus did? Heal the sick, raise the dead, feed the hungry; how do I do this?

The answer is with the third question. How do I do greater works than Christ did? I can't do what Christ did alone. I need to use the authority of Jesus' name for God's power as instructed by the Holy Spirit.


Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. - John 16: 7


How do I show my obedience to Jesus? - Follow what he said.


Read the Gospels, they will show you who Christ is. Read the book of Acts and find out who we the Church are.

The book of Acts starts with a hidden and timid church, much like many today. They had an encounter and empowering of the Holy Spirit that changed them - even the opposing religious leaders noticed.

Then everyone noticed. Greater works, as promised by Jesus, happening all over the place.

Read the Gospels and the book of Acts, then pray for the Holy Spirit to instruct you. Men, myself included, can confuse. The Bible, with God's direction, will lead you to the truth.

Not just WWJD, but will I let God empower me to do more than Jesus did?


Trust God.

Read.

Pray.

Obey.

Jesus is Lord.

.