.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Your Online Prayer Chapel


Come pray with us -- in Jesus name -- God answers prayer

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. - James 5:16b

accept the love of Jesus

Our Ministry

The Rector's Biography

One Rector's Opinions

The efforts of the rector have been directed away from this blog,
posting will be infrequent.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Sunday Service, 26 June 2005, George Muller

.

George Muller is a great study in prayer and faith. He followed God and always seemed to be on the edge. God always delivered. I've cut the following from a review at Amazon.

Reverend Muller undertook nothing, even the smallest expenditure, unless he felt it was the will of God. He was asked how he sought the will of God. This is his reply:

1. "I seek at the beginning to get my heart into such a state that it has no will of its own in regard to a given matter. Nine-tenths of the difficulties are overcome when our hearts are ready to do the Lord's will, whatever it may be. When one is truly in this state, it is usually but a little way to the knowledge of what His will is.

2. Having done this, I do not leave the result to feeling or simple impressions. If so, I make my self liable to great delusions.

3. I seek the will of the Spirit of God through or in connection with the Word of God. The Spirit and the Word must be combined. If I look to the Spirit alone without the Word, I lay my self open to great delusions also.

4. Next I take into account providential circumstances. These plainly indicate God's will in connection with His Word and Spirit.

5. I ask God in prayer to reveal His will to me aright.

6. Thus through prayer to God, the study of the Word, and reflection, I come to a deliberate judgment according to the best of my ability and knowledge, and if my mind is thus at peace, and it continues so after two or three more petitions, I proceed accordingly."

Mr. Muller was asked how well this worked.

"I never remember", he wrote in 1895, three years before his death at the age of 93, "in all my Christian course, a period now of sixty-nine years and four months, that I ever SINCERELY and PATIENTLY sought to know the will of God by the teaching of the Holy Ghost through the instrumentality of the Word of God, but I have always been directed rightly. But if honesty of heart and uprightness before God were lacking, or I did not patiently wait upon the Lord for instruction, or if I preferred the counsel of my fellow men to the declarations of the Word of the living God, I made great mistakes."

Read any of his books, they will help you see what is possible in Christ Jesus.

He is also featured in one of the classes at our school of theology. Enroll for free.

Jesus is Lord!

.